They did it.
Ginger water polo players.
My Tumblr is a reflection of my thoughts and interests. This includes Star Wars, Batman, good television, video games, movies, and even politics. Fight for your rights peacefully
They did it.
Ginger water polo players.
alright you guys have posted some pretty bad jokes on here but not one comes close to this doozy
so there’s a far-off place that consists of a perfectly triangular lake surrounded by land, with three kingdoms on the three sides of the lake. the first…
Dumbledore is literally the scum between my toes
- LEAVES A 1YO CHILD ON A DOORSTEP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LIKE ‘OH NVM THEYLL FIND HIM IN THE MORNING LOL’
- knows good and well how the dursleys are abusing and neglecting harry and just LETS THE SITUATION CONTINUE even though we see in the fifth book that he has the power to stop it (the ‘remember my last letter’). he lets harry be LOCKED UP IN A CUPBOARD and abused for ten years both because of the ””protection”’ privet dr has for harry (don’t worry, it’s only at the cost of his emotional and mental wellbeing, it’s all good) and because he WANTS harry to fall in love with the wizarding world, like voldemort did, like snape did, because it will make him easier to manipulate
- GROOMS HARRY TO BECOME A PERSON WHO WILL WILLINGLY DIE FOR ””’THE GREATER GOOD””
- PURPOSEFULLY WITHOLDS INFORMATION FROM HARRY AND KEEPS HIM UNINFORMED SO HE’LL DO WHAT DUMBLEDORE WANTS WHEN DUMBLEDORE WANTS HIM TO DO IT
- tells harry in ootp that he kept the truth from him because HE ACCIDENTALLY ENDED UP CARING ABOUT HARRY. LIKE OH HERE’S THE KID I’VE BEEN PLANNING TO KILL AND HAVE LET LIVE A MISERABLE LOVELESS LIFE IN ORDER TO RIGHT THE WRONG OF THE OTHER BOY I FEEL LIKE I LET DOWN AND I ACCIDENTALLY REALISED HE’S A HUMAN BEING WELL FUCK
- told arabella figg she couldn’t be nice to harry when he went to her house? like what the FUCK?
- after all his lectures and ”’wisdom”’ STILL GOES AFTER THE HALLOWS HIMSELF BECAUSE HE WANTS THE POWER
- literally told harry the only reason he didn’t make him a prefect was because he didn’t want people to think he ””plays favourites”” like he didn’t last minute give gryffindor the house cup like four fuckin years in a row because of harry
- KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DIE AND DIDN’T TELL/PREPARE HARRY FOR THE EMOTIONAL DEVASTATION OF LOSING ANOTHER/HIS LAST FATHER FIGURE AND EVEN MADE HARRY WATCH HIM DIE
- locked sirius up AFTER HE HAD SPENT TWELVE YEARS IN PRISON in the house where he was ABUSED AS A CHILD AND MADE TO FEEL OUTCAST AND UNLOVED and pretty much exacerbated sirius’ arrested development and feeling of worthlessness because he’s dumbledore and dumbledore knows best
- LET SNAPE TEACH AT HOGWARTS FOR 15+ YEARS DESPITE KNOWING FULL WELL HOW HE TREATED STUDENTS JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TO KEEP HIM CLOSE
- HE IS IN A POSITION OF POWER - ARGUABLY THE POSITION OF POWER - AND USES IT TO MANIPULATE AND EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATISE HARRY AND BATTER HIM INTO A WEAPON TO USE AGAINST VOLDEMORT AT THE COST OF HARRY’S FUCKING CHILDHOOD
and this is NEVER ADDRESSED in the books. Dumbledore is never seen as anything but a wise and noble father figure to Harry. HARRY NAMES HIS SON AFTER THIS MAN WHO MANIPULATED HIM AND LITERALLY WALKED HIM INTO THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE. FUCK dumbledore.
One of the worst moments of my life was when I realized that Dumbledore was not a great leader on a pedestal but rather a manipulator directing a bunch of mannequins.
…and for once, fiction accurately depicts the way many adults treat and manipulate children, just, Dumbledore is a composite of many separate adults in a child’s life.
The fact that Harry loves him after all of that is an accurate depiction of the way children always dismiss the wrongs their heroes and mentors commit. And it’s entirely possible that Harry never openly confronts it as an adult simply because Dumbledore did give his life for the cause, which is a very realistic depiction of most adults.
Damn im so sorry Harry Potter had to live in a fucking cupboard for a few years in order to learn and attain what it takes to defeat the darkest of magics.
Like sorry Harry you getting a proper birthday is higher in importance than stopping an evil wizard from destroying all of muggle civilization. Even though you turned out just fine for doing it and found out that family is deeper than blood.
If the point of the Big Bang Theory was to show that male nerds can be just as sexist as male jocks then well done I guess
Here are the facts: Debra Harrell works at McDonald’s in North Augusta, South Carolina. For most of the summer, her daughter had stayed there with her, playing on a laptop that Harrell had scrounged up the money to purchase. (McDonald’s has free WiFi.) Sadly, the Harrell home was robbed and the laptop stolen, so the girl asked her mother if she could be dropped off at the park to play instead.
Harrell said yes. She gave her daughter a cell phone. The girl went to the park—a place so popular that at any given time there are about 40 kids frolicking—two days in a row. There were swings, a “splash pad,” and shade. On her third day at the park, an adult asked the girl where her mother was. At work, the daughter replied.
The shocked adult called the cops. Authorities declared the girl “abandoned” and proceeded to arrest the mother.
The war on working class Black women in the U.S. continues apace. This time, a mother of a 9-year old child is arrested and jailed for the “crime” of dropping her daughter off at the park to play with other children while she had to go to work at a minimum wage job at McDonald’s (which fittingly happens to be located inside a WalMart).
Now the woman’s poor child is in the hands of the South Carolina state authorities [a state which STILL proudly flies the Confederate Flag at its Capitol building].
The irony is that the justification employed by state officials is that the mother put the child at risk by leaving her in the park where some random strangers might have just come along and kidnapped her child. As it turns out, that is exactly what happened, but the kidnappers were the police! They came along and snatched this woman’s child and now she risks losing her daughter forever!
No justice, no peace
Damn, my son walks to the park, the local market, and friends’ houses. This is sick.
Netanyahu: Strikes won’t stop until Israel is peaceful again
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that international pressure would not stop the country from continuing its offensive on Gaza until Israel is peaceful and safe.
Photo: Smoke rises following an Israeli air strike in Rafah, Gaza Strip, on July 8. (AFP/Getty Images via NBCNews.com)